Vacancy for Intern (Circular Economy) in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 23.02.2019
The European Environmental Bureau’s Circular Economy team is looking to recruit anintern to support its activities. We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter, eager to learn and contribute to the EEB’s work. The position will be a 6-month paid internship contract (convention d’immersion professionnelle).
The work consists of:
The Circular Economy team covers a wide range of topics. The long-term intern would particularly help on:
- Developing a best practices/best legal formulations document on waste management in the context of the transposition at national level of the revised EU Waste laws published in 2018 (Waste Framework Directive, Packaging and Packaging Waste Directive, Landfill Directive). This implies consulting national members and under the supervision of Senior Policy Officer on Waste producing a document to inspire and guide national transposition.
- Assisting on the development of Ecolabel and GPP criteria for specific products and/or horizontal aspects related to the policies. Under the supervision of Senior Policy Officer on Ecolabel and Policy Officer on Circular Economy & Products, this implies desk research and digging into technical documents to help orient EEB inputs around priority points.
- Helping to organise the events and working groups of the team.
- Attending meetings and as relevant reporting outcomes to the team.
Qualities and experiences required for post:
- Fluent in English (written and oral);
- Additional EU languages would be considered an asset;
- Have a relevant academic degree;
- Interested/engaged in the topic of sustainable development and environmental policy;
- Analytical skills of legal texts;
- Well organized and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
The EEB offers:
A 6-month contract - “convention d’immersion professionnelle” paid internship around 1000€ gross/month
A stimulating, international work environment.
An opportunity to work for a worthy cause.
Please email your application in English to firstname.lastname@example.org including a CV and cover letter explaining how your education and experience are relevant to the position (200 words max.). Please confirm that you have not been employed on a convention d’immersion professionnelle (CIP) contract for more than 6 months. Also, please briefly answer the following two questions:
- Why do you want to work for an international environmental NGO? (not more than 200 words)
- Please describe a situation where you had to deal with several projects (work, school or private life related) at the same time and how you managed the situation. (not more than 200 words)
Place: EEB office in Brussels
Deadline for Application: 8 March 2019
Proposed starting date: As soon as possible
The EEB is an equal-opportunities employer.
Due to limited staff resources and numbers of CVs anticipated, only candidates selected for interviews will receive a reply.
Please read our recruitment privacy statement before applying: