Vacancy for Intern (Styrenics) in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 01.05.2019
Who we are
PlasticsEurope is the Pan-European association of plastics manufacturers with centres in Brussels, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan and Paris. Our member companies represent more than 90% in volume of all plastics materials across the EU28 plus Norway, Switzerland and Turkey and a turnover of close to 100 billion euros. The Styrenics Chain, under the umbrella of PlasticsEurope, represents the interests of the European producers of styrene, polystyrene and other styrene-based materials.
For further information, see: www.plasticseurope.org
We are looking for an Intern for 9 months to support our Styrenics Department in the field of advocacy activities. The internship is based in Brussels.
The position is for a motivated, well organised and efficient candidate who is looking to gain hands-on experience in the work of a trade association, focusing on cross-sectorial activities in building and construction and packaging applications, engaging with multiple stakeholders, as well as digesting country and issue-specific knowledge.
- Maintain knowledge on research publications in the field of health/environment and safety
- Engage with the industry via PlasticsEurope and Styrenics working groups
- Support sectorial activities in the area of advocacy and communication
- Review and prepare summaries of relevant information for members
- Provide assistance in the organisation of the Styrenics working group meetings
- Coordinate websites, brochures and other communication tools
- A (post) graduate degree (or in the process of finalising), preferably in Political Science, European Studies, Economics or similar;
- Knowledge of EU policy and decision-making procedures and institutions;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to pay close attention to detail;
- Ability to digest complex information into concise and informative briefs;
- Strong oral and written skills in English; knowledge of other European languages is an asset;
- Possession of an EU passport, student visa, or other means of residing in Belgium for a minimum of nine months.
If you wish to apply please send your CV (maximum one page) and cover letter (maximum one page) to email@example.com mentioning “Styrenics Internship” in the title by 17 May 2019.