Vacancy for Intern – Communications & Events in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 16.10.2019
Founded in Brussels in 1983, CEPS (Centre for European Policy Studies) is a leading think tank and forum for debate on EU affairs, which has been consistently ranked among the top 10 world’s best think tanks. CEPS’ distinguishing features include its strong in-house research capacity and an extensive international network of partner institutes. CEPS’ funding comes from a variety of sources, mainly research grants, public procurement, but also from membership and conference fees.
CEPS (Centre for European Policy Studies) is recruiting an intern for a duration of 6 months in the Communications and Events Team. The intern will play a crucial part in the delivery of CEPS’ flagship annual event, IDEAS Lab. The event istaking place on 5-6 March 2020 and is attended by more than 1,000 participants each year. Thisrole is an excellent opportunity to develop strong communications and events management skills in a fast-paced environment.
Ideal starting date: mid-November 2019.
- Communications: Support digital communications around publications and events, including social media, newsletters, content creation, media monitoring and audience analysis.
- Events: support the team in events organisation, including programme updates, logistics and liaising with key stakeholders.
Your background and qualifications
- You are a registered student for the full period (mid-November 2019 – mid-May 2020), studying political or social sciences, journalism, communication, or equivalent.
- You have an excellent command of English, both orally and in writing; knowledge of French is a plus.
- You have excellent drafting and editing skills.
- You are interested in European affairs, policymaking and research.
- Experience in making travel arrangements and general logistical support for events is a plus.
- Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop or other graphic software is a plus.
- You are able to work in a research team involving both junior and senior colleagues and can work independently.
- You are able to respect deadlines, manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- You enjoy teamwork and are open to giving and receiving feedback.
- You are passionate about organising events and have a result-driven and customer-focused approach.
- You are willing to learn and have a creative spirit.
What CEPS can offer
We offer a full-time internship for 6 months. The selected candidate will receive an expense reimbursement upon receipt of justifying documents during the internship. We would like the preferred candidate to start her/his activities in mid-November.
Career development prospects
This position will give you the opportunity to gain valuable skills, training and experience in a prestigious and fast-paced environment. CEPS offers a Learning and Development Programme for all staff to develop the necessary skills for their position.
Further information about the position can be obtained from Fanny Trang, Head of Communications and Events: email@example.com
Application and deadline
Applications should include a one-page letter of motivation and a curriculum vitae listing your past experiences in events organisation and communication, both in English. CVs must follow the Europass format (www.europass.cedefop.europa.eu). They can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Intern – Communications and Events” in the subject line by 25 October.