Internship: Parliamentary Office | Transparency International (TI) GeorgiaInternships 02.09.2019
Transparency International (TI) Georgia works to support the development of public institutions, promote good governance and the rule of law, ensure transparency and accountability of government, support fair and democratic elections and protect universally recognized human rights. Find out more about our work and projects at http://transparency.ge.
Transparency International Georgia is currently seeking exceptional part-time volunteer interns for Parliamentary office. Candidates should have a strong interest in issues related to transparency, accountability and anti-corruption. The position is geared towards active and dedicated young people without significant prior work experience. Successful applicants will gain direct exposure and contribute to the work and management of a leading anti-corruption organization in Georgia.
Duty station: Tbilisi
Working hours: Part-time; hours to be determined to accommodate an intern’s schedule
Duration: 3 months
Reports to: Parliamentary Secretary
Main duties include:
- Making summaries for draft laws;
- Updating draft law database;
- Conducting online research;
- Attending parliamentary plenary sessions and committee meetings and reporting on them;
- Assisting with administrative tasks.
Qualifications and required skills:
- Third or last year student of law.
- Be able to write without stylistic, grammatical or other mistakes in Georgian language. Good command of English is a plus.
- Have a strong command of basic computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet research) and typing skills;
- Be a motivated self-starter who works well both in a team and on their own;
- Be completion-oriented, detail-oriented and organized;
- Have solid communication skills;
- Have a solid understanding of TI Georgia’s mission and mandate.
Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV (in Georgian or English);
- Cover letter indicating your interest in the position (in Georgian or English).
The deadline for submission of applications is September 8, 2019. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please indicate “Internship - Parliament” in the subject line of the email.