International Security Analyst Internship Opportunity in MaltaInternships 04.07.2020
Position: Intern Analyst
Duration of appointment: From 3 to 6 months
Application deadline: 25 July
Starting date: August
Sentinel Atlas, formerly SMS Security Consultancy Ltd., is a private security & safety provider and consulting company, operating mainly in North Africa and soon expanding its activities in the Sahel and the Middle East. Sentinel Atlas’ headquarters is based in Malta and manned by international teams carrying out back-office & consulting activities.
Through its partnerships and comprehensive network built up over the years, Sentinel Atlas can operate throughout North Africa, the Sahel and the Middle East to provide a large scope of security and safety services through tailored proposals to meet its clients’ respective profiles and needs.
The intern will be part of our Country Watch team and participate in the daily activity of the service based from our headquarter in Malta. The intern will be involved in the real-time monitoring of security events in our countries of operation, which is a tremendous opportunity to enhance one’s knowledge about the security situation in the MENA region.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Press, Media, Internet, and other sources of Information Review:
- Review directly all available social and official media channels in order to obtain required information;
- Coordination and cross-checking of information;
- Open-sources research in order to increase information collection capacity.
- Creating required alerts based on obtained information;
- Participation in the creation of periodical reports, analysis, graphic charts and maps based on obtained information.
- Categorizing and archiving required information accordingly to obtained formats and data management tools;
- Mapping of required information accordingly to obtained formats and mapping tools.
- You are studying or hold a degree in security or any related topic (e.g., international relations) with a focus on security issues, especially on the MENA region;
- You are fluent in English. Proficiency in Modern Standard Arabic and in French is an asset.
Experience & Background
- You have a very strong sense of commitment, you are willing to challenge yourself, you are used to teamwork, and to take responsibilities;
- Knowledge of North African countries is a strong asset;
- You are computer-literate and have a good knowledge of MS Office pack (especially Excel).
- You are recognized for your organizational skills and are used to follow at the same time multiple projects even while being under pressure;
- A first professional experience in a high-paced environment, possibly related to security and/or risk management is an asset but is not mandatory.
CONTRACT & BENEFITS
- 3 to 6-month contract;
- Internship agreement with any university is mandatory;
- No remuneration will be provided to the intern except for a round-trip flight ticket to Malta for the assignment period;
- Remote work optional.
August 2020 (to be discussed).
Send e-mail with the subject "Intern analyst application", including a cover letter and CV at: firstname.lastname@example.org