Call for Applications: Product Quality and Compliance Internship at FHI 360 in USAInternships 02.05.2020
Deadline: 31 May 2020
FHI 360 calls application for the Product Quality and Compliance Internship in North Carolina, United States of America. The successful candidate will be exposed to topics in pharmaceutical product quality and compliance – including the development of quality tests to confirm or reject an acceptable level of product quality.
FHI 360 (formerly Family Health International) is a non-profitable humanitarian organization with headquarter in North Carolina. Since its establishment in 1971, it has been serving more than 70 countries to upgrade health standards. Basically, this organization works to prevent several infectious and chronic diseases. However, it has been fighting to prevent HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Tuberculosis, etc since its first day of operation.
The candidate on Product Quality and Compliance Internship Program will
- Learn about how light is reflected and absorbed by active pharmaceutical ingredients and how to effectively capture digital information to characterize this phenomenon.
- Similarly, learn how to conduct keyword academic literature searches to provide information about how other researchers are using similar technology.
- Also, learn how to use thin-layer chromatography (TLC) and image analysis software to extract information from digital images captured by a smartphone.
- Gain knowledge to design and perform experiments to demonstrate linearity, accuracy, and other characteristics of analytical method validation.
- Gain knowledge to keep a laboratory notebook that will contain all the documented steps and data collected when performing laboratory experiments.
- Attend and participate in PQC Technical Development team meetings.
- Furthermore, serves as a sounding board for proposed experimental ideas.
- Must be a member in good standing of a program in Pharmaceutical Sciences in the NC area.
- Interest in simple technologies used innovatively to gain information.
- A high degree of accuracy.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently.
- Basic analytical laboratory experience.
The candidate will gain practical experience to supplement academic studies by:
- Working with a global workforce.
- Working with open-sourced data analysis software such as ImageJ.
- The hands-on experience inside of a functioning quality compliance laboratory.
- Preparing a peer-reviewed manuscript.
For more information website