Vacancy for Communication and Social Media Assistant in Brussels, BelgiumJobs 31.08.2017
As UNITEE's Communication and Social Media Assistant, you will contribute to the great challenge of branding the reputation of UNITEE, a dynamic NGO active in the heart of Brussels, by making use of the modern techniques and tools of communication. In particular, you will be in charge of editing our monthly Newsletters and developing our social media content. You will also help our Blog Editor in defining the Blog’s strategies and content as well as in maintaining the Blog. You will also have the opportunity to assist the rest of the team in its various tasks (event management, public relations).
Communications and social media (80%)
- Assist our Communication Manager with the maintenance of the Blog but also with the editorial strategies, the content (proofreading, editing) and the communication;
- Coordinate the production and development of our Newsletter as well as social media content (Facebook; Twitter);
- Assist with content development for our Blog and brochures and create new communications products (marketing materials…)
- Write articles for our blog
- Conduct interviews (post-event interviews, success stories, meet the politicians…)
- Help with the organisation of a series of events, such as roundtables or conferences;
- Undertake research on a given topic.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES/ SKILLS
- Currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from, a Master's degree in Political Sciences, EU Studies, Journalism, Communication or Marketing;
- Proven interest in European Affairs;
- Interest in branding and improving the positioning of a leading European NGO operating in a crowded media environment
- Previous experience in journalism and/or marketing an asset, but not strictly required.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team (with people from different cultural background);
- Ability to take initiatives and be creative;
- Open and outgoing personality.
Communication and language skills:
- Clear, concise style and proofreading techniques;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent English (level: native or equivalent to native)
- Ability in using MS Excel, MS Word and Power Point software in a proficient manner;
- Good knowledge of Indesign and Photoshop would be an asset.
- Duration: 5 months, full time
- Location: Brussels
- Expenses: UNITEE offers a monthly allowance of 500 euros/month
- Desired starting date: As soon as possible
- Deadline for applications: 10/09/2017
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Social Media and Communication Intern” as the object of the mail.
UNITEE plays a crucial role in Europe as it is the only organisation representing entrepreneurs and professionals with a migrant background, whom we refer to as « New Europeans »: people who live in Europe but have connections with more than just the country where they live.
Through its 7 national federations and 81 associations, UNITEE as an umbrella organization that represents more than 15000 entrepreneurs and business professionals across 23 European countries and from all the major sectors of the European economy.
UNITEE's first objective is to raise awareness of our members' unique contributions to Europe's economic growth, which have so far been insufficiently acknowledged. The office in Brussels is involved in strategic communication and advocacy activities. We also launched a blog dedicated to EU affairs and we have developed our own magazine, The New European. In addition, UNITEE organises conferences and roundtables on issues that are relevant to our members.