Vacancy for Communication and Outreach Assistant in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 27.02.2018
Communication and Outreach Assistant
Eurasia Partnership Foundation (EPF), registered as a non-governmental organization in Azerbaijan, is a recognized leader in the field of grants management and program administration in Azerbaijan. Its mission is to empower people to effect change for social justice and economic prosperity through hands-on programs, helping them to improve their communities and their own lives. As a locally registered office in Azerbaijan, EPF is the legacy institution of Eurasia Foundation (EF), a privately managed non-profit established in 1992 to deliver seed capital to emerging civil society in the former Soviet countries.
Caucasus Research Resource Center is a program of EPF focused on conducting and analyzing social and economic research in the South Caucasus, and supporting research community in Azerbaijan.
Communication and Outreach Assistant will play a key role in EPF/CRRC communication efforts to raise the visibility of the organization through promoting EPF/CRRC brand.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop EPF/CRRC communication and outreach plan together with the executive management;
- Prepare and disseminate press releases, success stories, newsletters, and other outreach materials for EPF/CRRC;
- Manage EPF/CRRC social media presence through Facebook, Twitter, Flicker, etc.;
- Develop and manage the content of EPF and CRRC websites in English and Azerbaijani;
- Develop new internal/external communication and knowledge dissemination activities;
- Plan and implement information campaigns to promote the work of EPF/CRRC;
- Build good relations with local journalists and mass media outlets;
- Assist with translation of internal and external documents from/to English and Azerbaijani;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or relevant field required;
- Minimum three years relevant professional experience in communications, including developing and implementing project-specific communications strategies;
- Proficiency in promoting a brand on social media outlets;
- Experienced in communicating with media representatives;
- Ability to learn quickly and demonstrate critical thinking;
- Must be creative, detail oriented, resourceful, and self-motivated;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines while quickly producing high quality work is essential;
- Excellent writing and editing skills in Azerbaijani and English is required;
- Proficiency in MS Office applications;
- Skills on video and photo editing is desirable;
- Proficiency in Wordpress is desirable.
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter, CV/resume to email@example.com by 23:00, on Mar 11. Please, specify the position title in the subject line. Only the candidates chosen for the short-list will be contacted. EPF/CRRC keeps the right to fill the position before the deadline.