Vacancy for Programme Analyst in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 18.03.2018
UNDP Azerbaijan is looking for Programme Analyst in Baku, Azerbaijan.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Deputy Resident Representative (DRR P&O), the Programme Analyst provides leadership to programme activities within the Inclusive & Diversified Growth and Decent Work portfolio as well as in related Sustainable Development Goals. The Programme Analyst is expected to command substantive expertise in inclusive and diversified economic development, employment issues, represent UNDP in internal and external settings, and to cultivate relationships with donors, other UN agencies and national partners. S/he performs key functions in programme management and implementation, provision of policy advisory services, creation of strategic partnerships and resource mobilization, and knowledge building and management.
The Programme Analyst is part of the Programme team and works closely with its team members. S/he may supervise and lead programme support staff, as well as coordinate activities of the projects’ staff. S/he works in close collaboration with the Country Office Programme and Operations teams, office management, and programme staff in other UN agencies, the UNDP Regional Hub in Istanbul and government officials.
The Programme Analyst is also expected to translate UN values into programmatic form while working independently, coping with tight deadlines, and managing multiple initiatives calmly and confidently.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in political science, policy studies or another relevant field.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management and substantive advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects in the fields of Inclusive and Diversified Growth, or other relevant areas.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems and social knowledge networks.
- Fluency in English, Russian and Azeri, both oral and written, is required; Working knowledge of another UN official language is an asset.
UNDP’s eRecruit system allows applicants to create and manage a personal profile and apply to UNDP job postings through the Careers homepage. Applicants are able to:
- Register and create a personal account for future access
- View current job postings at UNDP
- Apply to job postings where minimum qualifications criteria are met
- Complete, maintain and update a Personal Profile specific for each application
- Answer job-related questions
- Submit an application and monitor its status
- Apply for multiple job postings using personal profile details