Vacancy for Visual communications assistant (Graphic Designer) in Brussels, BelgiumJobs 05.11.2018
The Martens Centre is currently looking for a dynamic, motivated and talented individual to fill the position of Visual communications assistant (Graphic Designer) (m/f), based in Brussels. This is a temporary position with one-year contract under Belgian law. Starting date is January 2019.
- Assist in the conception of visual communications campaigns, strategies and products related to Martens Centre research, publications and events
- Create visual concepts to communicate ideas that inform, educate and inspire the Centre’s target audiences
- Develop designs assets, incorporating photography and a clean design aesthetic, for digital (website, social media, marketing emails and others) and print (publications, brochures, leaflets, programmes, activity reports, infographics, etc.)
- Collaborate and oversee with external service providers the delivery of all graphic products
- Oversee the consistency of the Centre’s branding and corporate image across all design products and platforms
- Assist in photoshoots and manage the photo library of the Centre
- Contribute to producing the yearly activity report of the Centre
- Execute any other organisational and administrative tasks connected to graphic design tasks as needed
- BSc/BA or higher in graphic design or a related field
- Demonstrate creativity and originality through a professional portfolio featuring the candidate’s best designs
- Possession of analytical, artistic, communication and computer skills; problem-solving aptitude and a keen eye for detail
- Experience with design software and graphics editing tools
- Up to date with industry trends, software and technologies
- Some knowledge of and willingness to work for an organisation at the middle of European politics and policy-making; previous experience working for a think tank or similar organisation a plus
- Event photography and photo editing skills (desirable)
- Good general knowledge of social media (desirable)
- Committed and flexible team player, able to work in a multi-national environment, to deliver on short notice and to multitask
- Fluency in English; knowledge of additional languages is welcome
Interested applicants should forward a detailed CV and portofolio by e-mail at email@example.com to the attention of Tomi Huhtanen, Executive Director, by 30 November 2018. When applying, please mention in the subject-line of the email message “Visual communications assistant (Graphic designer)”.
Please note that for all of the positions advertised above and due to the high number of applications we receive, only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted.