Apply and become one of the Sustainable Development Goals’ Youth Ambassadors in AzerbaijanJobs 13.09.2018
Apply and become one of the Sustainable Development Goals’ Youth Ambassadors in Azerbaijan
The Sustainable Development Goals Youth Ambassadors initiative is being realized in the framework of “Creating new platforms to support active youth engagement in global policy debates” project jointly implemented by the Ministry of Youth and Sport of the Republic of Azerbaijan and UNDP Azerbaijan.
Information about project:
The project document has been approved by the Decree of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Mr. Ilham Aliyev on “Approving of the project document of Creating new platforms to support active youth engagement in global policy debates project between the Government of Azerbaijan and United Nations Development Program” dated 08.07.2014.
As one of the main directions of the project activity, the First Global Forum on Youth Policies was organized in Baku, Azerbaijan on 28-30 October 2014 by the Ministry of Youth and Sport of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Office of Secretary General’s Envoy on Youth, Council of Europe, UNESCO and UNDP.
The second main direction of the project was the institutionalization of Model UN in Azerbaijan. As a part of this activity, in 2015-2016 Model UN Clubs were established in various universities of Azerbaijan and two National Model UN Conferences – MilliMUN as well as two Model UN Summer Schools were held along with multiple university-level MUN Conferences, trainings and presentations.
Following the successful implementation of the project during 2014-2016, on 27 April 2018 the Ministry of Youth and Sport and UNDP Azerbaijan have agreed to extend the project period.
Currently, the project is dedicated to these 3 directions:
- Promotion of Sustainable development Goals, SDG Youth Ambassadors and youth participation in development of Voluntary National Reports
- Expansion of volunteer activities in Azerbaijan and its adaptation to international experience
- Expanding and strengthening Model UN movement in Azerbaijan
SDG Youth Ambassadors:
The main objective of Youth Ambassadors is to promote Sustainable Development Goals in Azerbaijan, encourage youth participation in obtaining SDGs and contribute to spreading the information about activities realized on local and national levels, as well as to contribute to the development of National Reports.
Youth Ambassadors are to be selected from the citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan, aged 14-29 and to serve for the period of 2 years.
The amount of Youth Ambassadors shall not exceed 17: only one person can be selected as Youth Ambassador for one SDG.
Youth Ambassadors shall carry their work on voluntary basis. Their activity shall cover both the capital and regions of Azerbaijan.
The selection of Youth Ambassadors:
After an open call for applications is announced and applications are collected, the selection of SDG Youth Ambassadors candidates will be done in 2 stages:
- First the working group representatives will review all the applications, hold primary interviews and develop a shortlist of candidates.
- Then the representatives of the Ministry of Youth and Sport, UNDP Azerbaijan and National Coordination Council on Sustainable Development will evaluate shortlisted candidates based on final interview and will decide on final selection.
The activities of selected Youth Ambassadors will be coordinated by the project staff. During their term, with the help of all relevant stakeholders and with aim to promote SDGs, Youth Ambassadors are planned to appear on mass media, hold trainings and presentations in various institutions, join regional, national and international scale events and participate in other relevant activities.
How to apply:
- Make sure to attentively read detailed Terms of Reference for each Sustainable Development Goal presented below in order to know about eligibility, required qualifications and scope of activity for each Youth Ambassador
- Fill in the application form
- While filling the application form you will be also asked to upload your CV and motivation video. Please carefully follow all conditions indicated.
- Please note that if you fail to complete any of mentioned steps, your application will not be considered.
- The deadline for application is 24 September 2018, 23.59 Baku time.