Faculty vacancies at Azerbaijani-French University (UFAZ)Jobs 16.04.2019
UFAZ was initiated by the Presidents of the French Republic and the Republic of Azerbaijan. Since September 2016, directed by the University of Strasbourg and by the Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University, in close partnership with the Ministry of Education of Azerbaijan, UFAZ undertakes the delocalization of 4 specialties at bachelor level in the fields of science and engineering. Students are delivered a French and an Azerbaijani diploma.
- Physics teacher
- Mathematics teacher
- Computer science teacher
- Chemistry Teacher***
- Chemistry Laboratory assistant
Applicants must submit via e-mail a pdf file written in English to the selection committee (Deadline: as soon as possible). Applications and information requests are to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application file shall include:
- A complete CV meeting at best the selection criteria detailed as follows:
- A Master’s degree as a minimum level of education with a high average grade and/or with distinctions in physics/chemistry or mathematics / computer science / engineering *Computer science teacher: knowledge of programming languages required;
- Excellent level in English: applicants must be able to teach in English in their topic (physics, chemistry, math, computer science, geosciences, chemical engineering...etc.)
- Applicants must have at least two years teaching experience at bachelor level
- Laboratory experience abroad in the field of academic research or chemical industry.
- Additional assets in the CV:
- education experience abroad (full curriculum, mobility, or training)
- familiarity with textbooks written in English
- knowledge of modern educational methods (information and communication technologies for education)
- knowledge of French language
- postdoc abroad
- Laboratory experience abroad in the field of academic research or chemical industry. (for laboratory assistants)
Chemistry Laboratory Assistant Responsibilities:
- Maintain laboratory equipment and tools in clean, safe and good conditions and preparing chemical solutions.
- Ensuring the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced
- Following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks.
- To assemble and prepare necessary laboratory materials before scheduled laboratory.
- To assist the laboratory instructor during the (entire) laboratory period.
- To put away laboratory materials after completion of laboratory.
- Assist in ordering yearly materials
- Maintain a current and running inventory of all materials
- Assist in training of new laboratory assistants
- Be able to use the appropriate source for developing
- methods for disposal of all types of chemicals.
- Prepare and maintain accurate laboratory records
*A motivation letter written in English language describing the professional project and specifying the interest of the candidate for the position at UFAZ.
**1 academic load will be allocated 500 hours
*** Chemistry teachers must have a minimum of two years’ experience in teaching general chemistry