Vacancy for Training Manager in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 20.08.2019
Help us develop tourism education and training in Azerbaijan!
Azerbaijan Tourism Board (ATB) is Azerbaijan’s national tourism organization. Our core tasks include the management of the "Holiday in Azerbaijan" brand, innovative marketing in the most internationally promising markets and the transfer of our knowledge of guests and markets to the domestic tourism industry. In this way we make an important contribution to the competitiveness of the holiday destination Azerbaijan.
The State Tourism Agency (STA) is responsible for implementing policy and regulations in the field of tourism and is supporting regional development through conducting tourism research and developing and implementing regional tourism regulations, plans and projects as well as through institutional strengthening.
The overall purpose of recruitment of Training Manager is to help STA/ATB to support Azerbaijan tourism industry with systematic education and training. He/she is also required to analyze the tourism industry training needs, prepare training programs, involve experts for rendering training services, conduct consultations with different public, semi-public and private sector stakeholders for execution of training strategy of STA.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Organize Azerbaijan tourism sector training needs assessment research;
- Prepare and implement an annual training plan that underpin the STA / ATB’s strategic plan. This will include understanding STA / ATB’s objectives and aligning these with regions’ key stakeholder needs to determine training product development and delivery;
- Draft project concepts, develop documents for project scope and control the tender process;
- Work closely with the public and private sector at local, regional and national levels to support industry with qualified trainings;
- Organizing training in different regions of the country;
- Have responsibility for delivering and meeting the strategic plan and budget;
- Assess performance of the training portfolio and re-calibrate offerings based on the regional stakeholder’s response to the product delivery;
- Manage the development of the portfolio of training from syllabus development, identification of resources to develop or support development of content and materials;
- Preparation of rendered trainings’ result evaluation and feedback mechanism;
- Produce regular progress reports to STA/ATB.
Requirements Education and/or Experience:
- Post graduate degree in Tourism Hospitality Management / Education management;
- At least 3 years’ experience in tourism, education and/or training sector;
- Proven experience working in a team;
- Awareness / understanding of the tourism field, education and training;
- Experience in project management;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral in Azerbaijani and English;
- Computer literate.
How to apply
Candidates are requested to send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org until 16 September 2019. Please indicate the name of the position (Training Manager) you are applying for in the subject line of the email. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the further stages of the recruitment process.