Vacancy for Researcher in Tbilisi, GeorgiaJobs 13.02.2019
The Georgian Institute of Politics (GIP) is seeking Researcher in Tbilisi, Georgia.
The Georgian Institute of Politics (GIP) is a Tbilisi-based non-profit, non-partisan, research and analysis organization founded in early 2011. GIP strives to strengthen the organizational backbone of democratic institutions and promote good governance and development through policy research and advocacy in Georgia. It also encourages public participation in civil society-building and developing democratic processes.
GIP seeks a researcher to conduct a study on DCFTA implementation in Georgia, in the framework of the project “Georgia on European Way: Creation of Effective Model for DCFTA and SME Strategy Implementation”. The researcher will collect information from project consortium members, conduct desk research and focus groups, and will be responsible for preparing a unified report on research results.
We are looking for applicants with graduate-level education and professional experience in economics. Experience. The successful candidate will have experience performing policy research; a background working on DCFTA related issues is a strong advantage. The working languages are English and Georgian.
Scope of work
The key roles and responsibilities of the position will include the following tasks:
• Analyse the data collected during the two years activities, implemented in the framework of the project ““Georgia on European Way: Creation of Effective Model for DCFTA and SME Strategy Implementation”;
• Conduct desk research on DCFTA and SME strategy implementation in Georgia;
• Together with project manager, define methodology for writing the report;
• Review the chapters written by other researchers;
• Develop methodology and conduct the focus groups of SMEs and CSO representatives who have participated in the project;
• Develop a unified study report, ensuring high quality standards. Expected length of the report – around 40 pages.
This is a part-time, two-month long assignment. Occasional travel may be necessary. Flexible work arrangements may be considered. Project manager will provide with logistic and administrative support to finalize the study report.
Requirements and application process
• A master’s degree, preferably in the field of economics;
• Strong understanding of research methodologies;
• Experience conducting research and making valuable contributions to collaborative research projects;
• Experience writing research reports and presenting findings to various constituencies;
• Excellent writing skills;
• Fluency in Georgian and English;
• A self-starter with a perfectionist’s eye for detail;
• Good time planning skills and ability to meet set deadlines;
• A willingness to take ownership over research project, which includes responsibility for the quality of results;
• Good verbal communication skills.
Please send your CV and motivation letter (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org