Vacancy for EU Policy Analyst (VIE contract) in Brussels, BelgiumJobs 23.02.2019
GRTgaz is the primary gas transmission system operator in France. Our Brussels representation office, established in mid-2017 is currently comprised by a team of three dedicated professionals. .
Based in Brussels, we are looking for a highly motivated person to join our dynamic team as an EU Policy Analyst. A passion for EU public affairs and energy & climate issues with an excellent level of the English language are desirable attributes. Candidates should demonstrate ability to work autonomously and efficiently in a fast paced environment, taking into account the specific nature of a representation office.
The future EU Policy Analyst will:
- Work together with the EU team and report to Head of Office;
- Develop GRTgaz positions on key topics of business salience to GRTgaz;
- Monitor related EU legislative and non-legislative dossiers relevant to GRTgaz as well as media and other European stakeholders including industry associations and EU institutions (Council, Parliament and Commission);
- Prepare briefings and documents for a variety of purposes/audiences;
- Supporting Brussels representation office in its daily activities and administration;
- Specific and higher education Master’s degree, preferably linked to EU Affairs/Energy & Environment/ EU Public Policy/ International Relations desired;
- Solid understanding of the evolving political landscapes well as issues critical to the gas industry and future challenges;
- Capable of identifying and understanding critical points in communication paths between ACER, the European Commission, European Parliament, stakeholders and ENTSOG;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with strong analytical and business acumen;
- Capable to establish contacts easily and develop relationships with EU stakeholders;
- Proficiency in English and French are a prerequisite (written and oral – C2 Level), other languages are a plus;
- Experiences in handling EU legislative and non-legislative files and knowledge of the EU legislative process needed;
Please note that the position will be under the terms of a VIE contract, which means that only European citizens under 28 can apply.
A CV and cover letter and any other supporting material from candidates should be sent by email to Flore Belin (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 14 April 2019.