Vacancy for Communications Advisor in Brussels, BelgiumJobs 29.01.2019
Eurogas, the European gas sector association representing the European gas wholesale, retail and distribution sectors, is hiring a communications advisor to lead our work on communication campaigns and digital engagement.
Our vision is for a robust European gas market that supports energy efficiency, carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions reduction and the development of renewable energy, while also encouraging competitiveness, enhancing security of supply and delivering benefits to customers.
Based in Brussels, we are seeking a highly motivated person to join our team. We offer an attractive working environment within a dynamic and international team. This position gives you the opportunity to work in a continuously evolving environment and represents a great opportunity to develop your career.
Gas is a key energy source for Europe. It offers many opportunities to consumers and businesses, as well as to the energy system. The work of the association is dynamic and fast moving and so you must possess a passion for the energy transition, be free thinking and innovative.
You are a good speaker and are able to express ideas in a clear and concise manner, both in written and oral forms. You must be fluent in English. You can establish contacts easily and therefore create relationships with influencers in your daily work.
You need to have a Degree in communications, or a related field, and a proven track record of 3 to 5 years of experience in political communications ideally in Brussels.
Working together with the Communications Manager and reporting to the Secretary General, your work would focus on:
- Designing impactful and creative communications campaigns, relevant to our key audiences in the European Institutions and across European Capitals
- Participating in the development of these campaigns
- Translating technical information into easy to digest and engaging communications output
- Liaising with journalists to increase the coverage of the association in the media
- Operating and overseeing the social media output of the association, particularly in relation to campaigns
- Developing content for campaign websites and the Eurogas website
- Supporting the development of content for events in relations to communications
- Supporting the development of presentations for use with third parties
- Supporting the work of the Gas Advocacy Working Group
- Liaising with the members on advocacy and communications activities
- Participation in Eurogas Board meetings, General Assemblies, Annual Conference and in other Eurogas events, as agreed with Secretary General
- Any other task deemed necessary to meet your objectives as requested by the Secretary General
The application should include:
- 1 page Letter of motivation
- CV – maximum 2 pages
- Information on current and expected salary
- Possible starting date
The deadline for applications is the 10th February, please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org