Vacancy for IT Help Desk Technician in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 25.06.2019
TECHNICIAN, HELP DESK
The Technician role is a key position in Help Desk function of the department. The main purpose of the role is to support students, faculty, and staff on ADA University computer applications and platforms, troubleshoot problems and advise on the appropriate action.
- Responds to requests for assistance in person, via phone, e-mail, and/or Help Desk platform;
- Provides friendly and helpful customer service;
- Assists Help Desk customers with troubleshooting of computer related issues such as (but not limited to) virus removal/password resets/email setup/software installs/media classroom assistance;
- Maintains accurate records of completed and pending jobs using the Help Desk platform;
- Follows Help Desk policies and procedures to include incident/problem escalation;
- Provides superior customer service to all Help Desk team, support personnel, and fellow employees;
- Be able to work independently and troubleshoot easy problems without supervision or assistance;
- Troubleshoots issues in classrooms to ensure they are functional unless a major problem occurs;
- Demonstrate good social skills in a professional environment;
- Diagnoses and resolves technical hardware and software issues;
- Researches questions using available information resources;
- Advises students, faculty and staff on appropriate action toward effective use of technologies;
- Redirects problems to appropriate resource. If necessary, identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention;
- Stays up-to-date with system information, changes and upgrades;
- Coordinates the Information Technology unit members with regards to the capacity plans of the new systems;
- Generates monthly/yearly reports about the services provided by the Help Desk unit;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 1-year experience in a similar role, or
- Minimum of 4-year experience in a team environment in a similar role;
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment;
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac systems;
- Oral and written communication skills;
- Customer service orientation;
- Problem analysis and problem-solving;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability and willingness to perform repetitive work;
- Ability to learn and apply new procedures and methods;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain consistently good punctuality;
- Fluent in Azerbaijani and English languages.
Interested candidates are requested to submit, preferably in Word or PDF format, attached to an e-mail message: (1) a letter of interest specifying suitability for the position, when available and minimum expected salary (in AZN), (2) an updated resume and (3) the names, email and business addresses of at least 3 references.
Send materials via e-mail to specifying the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The cut-off date for application is July 8, 2019.
ADA University offers a competitive remuneration package and attractive conditions of employment of high standard. For more information about ADA University, please visit