Vacancy for Public Policy Evaluator in Brussels, BelgiumJobs 04.03.2019
Are you an experienced professional with excellent analytical and consulting skills? Are you interested in strategic evaluations in the field of development cooperation, humanitarian aid and/or development finance?
Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset and the willingness to further develop ADE’s activities in this field?
ADE is one of Europe’s leading evaluation consultancies. We are based in Louvain-la-Neuve, near Brussels, Belgium.
We support senior decision-makers in formulating, monitoring, implementing and evaluating public policies and strategies.
Our areas of specialisation include notably:
- Strategic and Impact Evaluations
- Macro-Economic Reforms
- Rural Development and Agriculture
- Development Finance and Private Sector Development
- Conflict Resolution, Security, and Fragility
Our Evaluation Department is focusing on Strategic Evaluations in these and other sectors, within the wider fields of Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid. Examples of recent evaluations include the following:
- Evaluation of the EU’s Budget Support to Fragile Countries (ongoing)
- Evaluation of the Danish Country Strategy and Programmes with Niger (ongoing)
- Evaluation of the UNHCR pilot model for refugees in Kenya (ongoing)
- Evaluation of the EIB Africa-Caribbean-Pacific Investment Facility (ongoing)
- Evaluation of the Belgian support to the Private Sector (2018)
- Evaluation of the FMO’s Infrastructure Development Fund (2018)
- Evaluation of the African Development Bank support to agricultural value chains (2017)
- Evaluation of the EU humanitarian interventions in India and Nepal (2017)
What you will do:
- Design evaluation approaches and tools
- Conduct interviews and data collection at headquarter level
- Participate to field visits at country level (e.g. 2 one-week missions per year)
- Conduct quantitative & qualitative research and analysis
- Draft reports and present findings in client meetings
- Manage teams and projects
- Participate to tender processes and ADE’s wider internal and external activities
Who we are looking for:
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of professional experience
- Masters or PhD, typically in analytic / logical domains (economics, sciences, philosophy, etc.)
- Outstanding analytical, research, and data collection skills
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Team work and leadership skills
- Resistance to stress
- Fluency in English and knowledge of French; knowledge of other languages would be an asset
- A strong interest in evaluation of public policies
- A strong interest in development cooperation, humanitarian aid and/or development finance
What we offer:
- An opportunity to work towards contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- An opportunity to conduct complex, strategic evaluations targeting senior decision-makers
- An opportunity to gain experience and develop your skills across a range of different sectors, countries, and organisations
- An opportunity to join a renowned consultancy, working for the European Union, United Nations, and other major organisations worldwide
- A working environment centred on four main values: Excellence – Ethics – Entrepreneurial spirit – Team spirit
- An international team of highly-qualified colleagues
- The possibility of developing your skills as a professional consultant
- A full salary package, with benefits such as a company car
Interested candidates are welcome to send their application in English (covering letter and CV) to Mrs. Andreea Toader (email@example.com) by 25 March 2019. We may process applications as soon as we receive them.
Please specify through which channel you heard about this position, and possible start dates.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The selection procedure will be conducted in three phases, including a case study and a logical test.