Vacancy for Project Officer in Brussels, BelgiumJobs 17.11.2019
The Project Officer will be responsible for preparing and managing projects with a network of partner institutes throughout Europe. He/she will work in close cooperation with CEPS research and administrative staff:
- Management of ongoing projects including administrative work and budget planning;
- Overseeing and preparation of technical reports;
- Liaising with funding institutions and project partners;
- Writing tenders and project applications;
- Finding new initiatives and opportunities for business development;
- Regularly collect information on project proposals submitted by the unit and keep the unit informed on the outcomes;
- Organising events and training seminars;
- Travel as required for the purposes of projects.
- University degree in European studies, law, economics, political sciences or international relations; a postgraduate degree in EU affairs or EU funding is an asset;
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in project management, showing good understanding of the EU funding programmes;
- Knowledge of and relevant experience with tendering procedures and funding programmes, especially calls for tender issued by European institutions and other public institutions, calls for proposals, in particular H2020, framework contract procedures;
- Knowledge of software for task and time management e.g. Monday.com;
- Excellent English writing skills, other EU languages are considered as an asset;
- Good analytical and organisational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Good networking abilities and interpersonal skills for an international environment;
- Attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality.
- Good knowledge of EU social, labour and economic policies;
- Experience in social media engagement or willingness to develop these skills;
- Knowledge of other software or data visualisation programmes is a plus, i.e. Tableau, InDesign, MailChimp
- You are eager to invest in building and maintaining a growing network of partners.
- You are able to work in a research team comprising junior and senior colleagues and work under the supervision of a senior colleague.
- You are able to handle stress, respect deadlines and are able to juggle multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- You enjoy teamwork and are open to giving and receiving feedback.