Vacancy for Project Officer in Brussels, BelgiumJobs 25.11.2019
CEMR is looking for a Project Officer - Eastern Partnership for PLATFORMA
- Do you want to help strengthen the voice of Towns and Regions and their Associations, in decentralised cooperation and EU external policies?
- Are you interested in the Eastern Partnership, and in particular Georgia, Moldavia and Ukraine?
- Do you want to be part of a collaborative team where your competencies will be highly useful?
… then becoming a Project Officer – Eastern Partnership at PLATFORMA may be your best choice: come work with us!
PLATFORMA is a pan-European coalition of local and regional governments and their representative associations, all active in decentralised cooperation. The lead partner is the Council of European Municipalities and Regions (CEMR).
You will be mainly responsible for the activities of the project related to the Eastern Partnership and the monitoring of partners’ activities. You work in close collaboration with PLATFORMA colleagues and report directly to the Director of PLATFORMA.
- Coordinate PLATFORMA’s activities in the Eastern Partnership Region: pro-actively follow policy and legislative developments for the Eastern Partnership. Contribute to the advocacy strategy for this geographic area, including towards DG DEVCO and DG NEAR, and if necessary, DG REGIO and the European Parliament, Council, Committee of the regions.
- Policy drafting: when relevant, write position papers, briefings, amendments and other documents, and contribute to the policy updates; collaborate with the networks’ members to plan and conduct research and studies on relevant issues; contribute to PLATFORMA's publications and external communication;
- Collaborate closely with PLATFORMA’s members to ensure sound exchange of information and organise meetings, events and conferences in the Region; be the focal contact point for assigned project members, monitor closely their activities and progress of their deliverables, and report back on activities;
- Internal governance: contribute to the preparation of the governance bodies’ meetings, in coordination with other colleagues of the team;
- Representation of PLATFORMA: represent PLATFORMA at relevant meetings and conferences in Brussels and occasionally abroad; facilitate the participation of members to European institutions’ events.
- You have at least 2 years of experience in EU Neighbourhood policy;
- You have a strong interest in local and regional governments’ specific contribution to sustainable development: local democracy, local development, decentralised cooperation;
- You have good knowledge of the European Union policy-making and decision-making processes;
- On the human side, you are a positive, reliable and autonomous person, but also keen on working in a team;
- You enjoy being in contact with members and colleagues and you have strong interpersonal skills;
- You are fluent in English and comfortable in French; other language(s) from Eastern Europe and Neighbourhood a plus;
- You are willing to travel, if necessary, in Europe and/or internationally.
- A contract until the end of February 2021 with possibility of extension;
- A valuable experience with local and regional governments and EU institutions;
- An open, international and flexible work environment;
- A modern and well-situated office in the European Quarter nearby Luxembourg Brussels Station.
Wishing to join us?
We are looking forward to meeting you! Send your CV and application letter in English (one document in French), telling us about your motivation and interest to: email@example.com before 23h59 – 8 December 2019. Please put Project Officer – Eastern Partnership in the title of the email. Interviews will take place in Brussels at the beginning of January. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CEMR is an equal opportunity employer.