Vacancy for Communications Officer in Brussels, BelgiumJobs 13.10.2019
MPI Europe seeks a highly motivated Communications Officer to join its dynamic team in Brussels. The successful candidate will manage media relations and social media strategy; play a significant role with senior management in shaping the institute’s overall communications strategy; write press releases, op-eds, and other materials; perform developmental and content editing; and assist the MPI Europe team in external and internal communications and execution of events. He or she will demonstrate exceptional writing skills, with a strong grasp of communications and social media strategy, as well as graphic design. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Raise MPI Europe’s visibility and that of its policy analysts and research by building relationships with Brussels-based journalists and those covering migration in EU Member State capitals
- Write press releases, op-eds, commentaries, and other materials
- Lead the institute’s social media strategy, craft social media campaigns, and monitor engagement
- Work with senior management to develop and execute overall communications strategy, with a focus on maximising media coverage and proactive engagement with journalists and other key stakeholders
- Expand MPI Europe’s media database
- Maintain up-to-date list of key contacts in EU and national policy communities for outreach
- Liaise with senior staff in Brussels and Washington, DC to ensure integrated communications strategies
- Edit research publications and other work (developmental and content editing)
- Assist with public and private event organisation and execution
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Additional EU language capability, French strongly preferred
- For more information on required skills and the selection procedure, please consult our website: https://www.migrationpolicy.org/programs/mpi-europe/jobs
Monday, 11 November. Submission of applications before the closing date is encouraged.