Vacancy for Senior HR Officer in Brussels, BelgiumJobs 13.10.2019
Party of European Socialists (PES)
Senior HR Officer
The Party of European Socialists (PES) is a European political party, which brings together Socialist, Social Democratic, Democratic and Labour Parties of the European Union. There are 33 full member parties from the 28 EU members and Norway. In addition, there are eleven associate and ten observer parties. Our office is based in Brussels. Our organization provides advice on policies and parliamentary issues, as well as networking assistance and event support to the member parties.
The PES is looking for a Senior HR Officer for their office in Brussels.
- Maintaining, developing and implementing HR policies, ensuring compliance and to contribute to the development of HR policies;
- Ensuring timely recruitment of required level of new staff, including non-billable staff with appropriate approvals, in order to meet business needs. Ensuring PES Branding in recruitment webs and advertisements;
- Preparing information and input for the salary budgets;
- Maintaining and developing HR systems and processes to address the effective management of people in relation to Performance Management;
- Partner with managers to build a sound understanding of their teams and be able to anticipate and respond to people and performance challenges;
- Coaching management and staff in the understanding and application of HR policies and good people management practices;
- Developing and maintaining productive and collaborative relationships with colleagues and partners, demonstrating professional credibility;
- Responsible for final monthly check of an accurate payroll in liaison with our external HR Consultant and Social Secretariat;
- Responsible for implementation of HR projects, such as Exact HR software, Mobility plan etc.;
- Answering employee queries about HR-related issues;
- Introduction of new employees by providing orientation information packets;
- Liaise with external partners, like training providers, insurance vendors, and ensure legal compliance;
- Participating in recruitment efforts: posting job ads and organizing resumes and job applications, scheduling job interviews and leading or assisting in interview process;
- Acting as a Prevention Advisor level 3 (experience would be an asset but is not necessary)
- Contributing to other duties as assigned.
- High level degree in a field relevant to the position;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience as a HR Adviser;
- Solid knowledge of Belgian legislation and policies of the human resource department;
- Basic knowledge of payroll processes;
- Excellent communication skills and judgement, tact and diplomacy, internal and external, in troubleshooting problems and communicating status;
- Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects;
- A high level of analytical, organizational, accuracy and time management skills;
- Positive can-do and flexible attitude utilizing integrity and discretion;
- A flexible team-player with a high degree of motivation and pro-activeness;
- Excellent English and a very good level of either French or Dutch (good knowledge of both is a big asset);
- A good command of office IT skills.
- The opportunity to work in the context of the European Union in Brussels, in a multicultural and multilingual environment;
- A fulltime open-ended contract, submitted to Belgian social legislation, to start as soon as possible;
- An attractive salary package, including meal-vouchers, hospitalization insurance, pension fund and full public transport reimbursement;
- Offices located in the heart of the European neighbourhood, very accessible by public transport (Brussels Central Station, Metro Arts-Loi)
Please send your application letter, accompanied by a detailed CV attached to your email to the attention of Mr. Achim Post, PES Secretary General, by October 31st, 2019. Mention the following in the subject field of your e-mail: Senior HR Officer. Your application should be submitted by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The PES promotes equal opportunities for women and men.