Vacancy for Research Study Assistant in Chicago, USAJobs 07.04.2020
Deadline: 29 april 2020
Performs biomedical &/or social-behavioral research by administering tests &/or questionnaires following protocols; collecting, compiling, tabulating &/or processing responses; gathering information; &/or assisting in the preparation of material for inclusion in reports. Completes all activities by strictly following Good Clinical Practices (GCP) & all relevant current local, state, & federal laws, regulations, guidance, policy & procedure developed by the NU Institutional Review Board (IRB), Food & Drug Administration (FDA) Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), & the International Conference on Harmonization (ICH).
The Research Study Assistant performs recruitment for an ongoing research study under the direction of the Project Manager and PI. Set appointment days/times with participants via phone calls, text messaging, email exchanges, and via a web-based appointment scheduling system. In addition, recruitment will occur in –person at various sites, throughout the Chicagoland area, and West and North suburbs of Chicago. Some evening and or weekend work may likely be required.
Positions may be based at one (or more) of the following locations:
- Chicago, IL
- Geneva, IL / Winfield, IL
- Grayslake, IL
- Working hours may vary to include evenings and occasional weekends.
- Recruits study participants.
- Reviews & obtains informed consent.
- Conducts interviews.
- Performs blood drawing and processing, physical measures, questionnaire administration, urine collection, etc.
- Schedules study visits with participants.
- Facilitates communication with key personnel & participants to maintain project study flow.
- Participates in study meetings.
- Maintains detailed records of results which may include collecting, extracting & entering data; &/or preparing basic charts & graphs.
- Performs scientific literature searches in support of research.
- Prepares the charts for the participant visits, sets up and cleans the exam rooms before and after the visits, enters data as needed, performs data and equipment quality control checks, etc.
- May process reimbursements for travel expenses.
- Monitors & distribute petty cash.
- Processes invoices &/or purchase requisitions.
- Coordinates fund distribution among multiple sponsors and clinical sites.
- May train other research staff to interview/test participants.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in a major such as social or health science or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Must complete Northwestern's IRB CITI training before interacting with any participants & must re-certify every 3 years.
- Experience performing health assessments
- Experience with physical activity monitors
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Microsoft Office
- Selected candidate will enjoy heavy phone and computer work and have the ability to deal with people from all cultures and socio-economic levels in a friendly manner.
- Willingness to pitch in and help the study team members wherever help is required is a necessity.
- Must have an engaging, energetic personality and be able to transmit excitement and passion for the project to potential participants.