Vacancy for Field Engineer in SingaporeJobs 23.03.2020
Deadline: 6 april 2020
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
The engineer will perform a key role in support of the offshore operations of specific Subsea7 vessels to ensure that construction activities are performed in accordance with procedures in a safe and efficient manner. They will normally be assigned to a vessel on a “salaried contract days” basis and, when not offshore, may be required to complete operational duties onshore in Subsea7’s offices from time to time.
All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices. Additionally, creating a culture of ethics and integrity within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to our Code of Conduct.
- Provide basic skills, integrity and knowledge in key areas of discipline engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice. Understands clients’ needs; identifies and addresses design parameters and problems; develops and implements solutions.
- Originate technical documentation, accepting personal responsibility for its adequacy.
- Be aware of relevant safety objectives, legislative and legal requirements.
- Design and detailing in accordance with acknowledged industry Codes, Standards and Design Guides (e.g. API, DNV, AISC); Client Specifications and Scopes of Work.
- Be involved in meetings / correspondence with Clients, subcontractors, 3rd parties, etc. in a technical capacity.
- Assist graduates as appropriate.
- Recognise and accept HSE Roles & Responsibilities as defined in DOC-GL-HSE-001
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical interface between the Project, Construction and Marine personnel on the vessel.
- Give direct operational guidance to deck, equipment, ROV and services personnel.
- Recommend new work methods to improve safety and/or efficiency.
- Provide operational input to onshore project teams throughout the onshore phase of projects.
- Participate in project HAZID’s and HAZOP’s when available.
- Participate in review of offshore procedures and feedback to project engineers on the beach.
- Promote safety culture and initiatives to the construction crew throughout all offshore activities.
- Inspection of construction equipment and reporting potential problems to the appropriate discipline leads.
- Ability to function within a design team and across multiple projects.
- Ability to prioritise own workload, manage time accordingly and inform senior team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or budget.
- Manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, client and suppliers.
- Manage change control within own remit on a project. Inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or budget.
- Show awareness for expended time and budget
- Operate within the Business Code of Conduct.
- Operate according to Subsea 7’s Management Principles.