Vacancy for Studio Productions Manager, News & Current Affairs in SingaporeJobs 05.05.2020
Lead a team of Automation Directors and Technical Co-ordinators who are responsible for the overall operations of the studio to ensure a smooth production of news & current affairs programmes for CNA and all news bulletins transmission on Mediacorp channels. Supervise and manage the Studio Productions team and studio equipment, ensuring resource availability at all times to achieve business targets.
- Manage a team of Automation Directors and Technical Co-ordinators by overseeing their development and welfare. Develop and enhance the performance and professionalism of the team by providing feedback.
- Oversee the troubleshooting of operational failures and ensure timely reporting of errors
- Manage studio equipment budget and operating expenditure.
- Oversee and manage technical resources and requirements for allocated shows and special projects. Coordinate the planning and production of News and Current Affairs programmes output to ensure that editorial intentions are met and highest production standards maintained. You will be working with a combination of conventional studio production operations and the latest automation technology to produce the highest standard of news programmes.
- Ensure that studio resources are managed efficiently to maximise use of resources without compromising on quality of production.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and play a proactive role in exploring different technologies to improve on operational efficiencies.
- Develop and continuous review of studio SOP/workflow to constantly elevate the capabilities of studio resources and ensure compliance to enhance operational resilience.
- Lead projects and interact with stakeholders and vendors to plan and execute ad-hoc studio shows or projects.
- A Degree in any discipline. Preferably 5 years of studio production with at least 2 years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Must be willing to work on night and on irregular shift including weekends and public holidays.
- Experience with studio automation in a live setting with a strong understanding of studio broadcast equipment, systems and operations.
- Knowledge and understanding of the broadcast and digital technology for newsroom environment.
- Good organizational and project management skills are necessary
- A demonstrated ability to work without supervision in a high pressure environment is essential
- Proficient in English and at least one other language, Chinese, Tamil or Malay is an added advantage in order to communicate and work for relevant program.
For more information website