Vacancy for Twitter - Seeks Curator in BrazilJobs 05.05.2020
Twitter’s Curation team serves the public conversation by highlighting credible Tweets and accounts that help people understand the most impactful conversations on the platform. As part of the Experience organization, Curation works on the intersection of content and product, helping the company to design content experiences.
Our curators are based in seven different countries, overseeing content in English, Spanish, Arabic, Portuguese and Japanese.
The Curator I position calls for a skilled curator of digital media, who is capable of quickly and accurately identifying the best Twitter content in Tweets, photos, and videos. This position is based in São Paulo.
The ideal candidate has a good grasp of a variety of mainstream topics and, in addition, a deep understanding of one or more mainstream content verticals (News, Politics, Sports, Entertainment, etc.) and has experience collecting Tweets in order to contextualize stories. As a member of our global curation team, this hire will use those skills to present unique content experiences in real-time to Twitter users. This individual must also be a strong communicator, both offline and online, who is a team player and excited to collaborate with and learn from colleagues around the world who have different points of view and areas of expertise.
Success in this role is measured by
- Identifying events, conversations and emerging trends on Twitter that will drive unique content experiences
- Curating live streams of Twitter content across various topics
- Weaving stories from Tweets to create compelling, narratively-driven Moments
- Working quickly and under time pressure without sacrificing accuracy
- Communicating early, clearly, and often when collaborating on short and long-term assignments with local as well as global colleagues
- Providing incisive feedback on use of internal tools
- Work experience 2+ years of experience working in journalism, social media, and/or publishing
- Deep knowledge of one or more content areas (News, Politics, Sports, Entertainment, etc.)
- Experience curating Tweets in real-time or for publishing
- Extensive experience using Twitter — preferably as a reporting tool for a media outlet(s)
- Experience with news gathering tools such as Tweetdeck, Dataminr, etc. is preferred
- Education BA/BS degree required
- Fluency in Portuguese
For more information website