University of Tsukuba Masters Scholarship Program in Japan, 2019Master 04.12.2018
University of Tsukuba offers a range of different scholarship programmes for international students to help cover tuition fees or living costs to study in Japan. Students from developing countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Applicants must be applying for 18-month master’s program in the field of Economic Policy or Public Policy at the University of Tsukuba.
The PEPP started out in 1995 as the Master’s Program in Policy Management and it was part of the Graduate School of International Political Economy of the University of Tsukuba. The objective of the Program in Economic and Public Policy (PEPP) is to provide, within the time frame of 18 months, training and the necessary skills for the conception, design, and implementation of development policies.
The University of Tsukuba is a national university founded in October 1973 and set in the new Tsukuba Science City on the basis of the older Tokyo University of Education. Its aim is to contribute to the promotion of scientific research and cultural exchanges.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and have completed 16 years of school education (up to undergraduate level). A strong background in economics and associated quantitative tools (linear algebra, calculus and basic statistics) is useful and, in the case of the Course in Economics Policy, highly recommended.
- Note: Those applicants who have completed their university education in countries where formal schooling lasts less than 16 years, who are at least 22 years old, and who have spent at least one year in a research or similar institution, may qualify to apply by filling out and submitting the provided form (Certificate of Research Activities).
- Demonstrate proficiency in oral and written English communication skills
- Demonstrate verbal and quantitative skills
- Be in good health with respect to the capacity to be a productive scholar for the duration of the Graduate Program, as certified by a medical doctor
Applicants admitted to the PEPP are eligible for scholarships provided by the Joint Japan/ World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) of the World Bank and/or the ADB-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) provided that they meet the specific requirements of each program as described below.
The scholarships’ benefits cover:
- Economy class travel between the home country and Tsukuba with travel allowance set by donors
- Exam fee, entrance fee, tuition and other program fees
- Monthly stipendMedical insurance cost
Other costs not covered by scholarship such as
- Additional travel cost
- Other cost related to research, participation in workshop, seminars etc.
- Check if you meet all application requirements above.
- To complete application process efficiently and successfully, you must read the Application Instructions carefully before/during application process. FAQ may be of assistance to you.
- Go to our Online Application System to start application process.