Call for Applications: Postdoctoral Positions 2020 at CENTURI, Marseille, FrancePhD 22.03.2020
Deadline: 17 April 2020
The Turing Centre for Living Systems (CENTURI) is an interdisciplinary project located in Marseille (France). CENTURI aims at developing an integrated interdisciplinary community, to decipher the complexity of biological systems through the understanding of how biological function emerges from the organization and dynamics of living systems. The project federates 15 teaching and research institutes in biology, physics, mathematics, computer science, engineering and focuses on Research, Education and Engineering.
- CENTURI, France inviting applications for a postdoctoral position in the Merkel group at the Centre de Physique Théorique (CPT) in Marseille
- The group focuses on theoretical and computational research in bio- and soft matter physics.
CENTURI will fund up to 8 Postdocs to start in October 2020, for two years.
Recruited candidates will join our vibrant interdisciplinary community in Marseille (France).
Applications to research group call will be open from March 17 to April 17.
Postdoc candidates will also have the opportunity to submit their own project, provided that it meets the eligibility criteria.
In-person interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place on June 18 and 19.
- Be supported by at least 2 laboratories which are part of CENTURI (see the list of research groups)
- Be interdisciplinary (e.g. Physics/Biology, Computational sciences/Biology, Maths/Biology)
- Include at least one biology team
Applications must be submitted via the project’s application form and must be written in English.
Candidates can either apply to one of the advertised CENTURI projects or submit their own project, providing that they meet the application criteria and that their application is supported by at least 2 host labs.
Postdoctoral fellows will be co-supervised by two or three supervisors from research community.