Call for Applications: The Ulam Programme 2020 in PolandPhD 24.03.2020
Deadline: 15 April 2020
Pursuant to Article 19(1) of the Act of 7 July 2017 on the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange (Dz.U. [Journal of Laws] of 11 August 2017, item 1530, as amended) The Director of the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange announces the call for applications to participate in The Ulam Programme.
The Programme provides financing for a Scholarship that covers the living allowance for a foreign scientist in, during their scientific visit in Poland, that may last from 6 to 24 months.
The aim of the Ulam Programme is to increase the internationalization of Polish HEIs and scientific institutions. The Programme will allow both recognized and promising scientists with at least the doctoral degree, to visit Poland in order to strengthen the scientific potential of Polish entities and to participate in their scientific activities, primarily research projects, and didactics. The Programme will allow inviting scientists from all around the world to represent all fields of science to the Polish institutions of science and higher education. HEIs, scientific and research institutes will have the opportunity to invite specialists from their priority areas to Poland – they will make a significant contribution to the research conducted by a given institution, strengthen didactics or support the institution in applying for prestigious grants.
The Programme will facilitate a gradual increase in the number of foreign scientists involved in scientific research and teaching in Poland and also enable or deepen international contacts with foreign institutions.
The programme will facilitate a gradual increase in the number of foreign scientists involved in scientific research and teaching in Poland and also enable or deepen international contacts with foreign institutions.
- Foreign scientists may stay in Poland for 6 to 24 months, and they may be accompanied by members of their family, and in the case, the Program participant is a disabled person, by their assistant.
- Scientists visiting Polish scientific institutions under the Program will receive a monthly scholarship for the duration of their stay and a mobility allowance, which will allow them to cover the travel costs.
- The Program provides financing for a Scholarship that covers the living allowance for a foreign scientist during their scientific visit in Poland, which may last from 6 to 24 months
- An application under the Programme shall be submitted by an individual scientist who holds a doctoral degree awarded in a country other than Poland, does not hold Polish citizenship and has not lived, worked or studied in Poland since at least 2017.
- The condition of not being a Polish citizen does not apply to persons who are Polish citizens and whose full cycle of doctoral studies has been financed by the Polish government, as these persons are entitled to participate in the Programme
As part of the Programme, possible visits are those whose objective include:
- completing the first or a subsequent post-doctoral fellowship;
- conducting scientific research, including in cooperation with Polish scientists or research teams;
- obtaining materials for research or a scientific publication;
- conducting didactic classes at the host
- The Programme is open to scientists representing all fields of science.
- Activities implemented in the framework of the Programme