Call for Applications: Getty Images Inclusion Scholarships 2020Scholarships & Grants 25.04.2020
Deadline: 15 may 2020
Deadline extended - Issues of diversity and inclusion with the photographic and photojournalism industries are a complex, long-standing and industry-wide concern. While Getty Images has worked hard to source content that represents the world in which we live, as well as actively promoting inclusion within the industry through recruitment and our existing Grants programmes, this is an issue that will not be solved overnight.
In partnership with a selection of the foremost minority photography and journalism associations globally, the new Getty Images Inclusion Scholarships programme aims to support emerging editorial talent within minority groups and offer aspiring photojournalists the support to pursue education that will enable careers within the industry.
In partnership with Women Photograph, Creative Access, National Association of Black Journalists, Asian American Journalism Association and the National Association of Hispanic Journalists, Getty Images is offering five scholarships of US$10K to be put toward pursuing education and in turn, helping address industry inclusion issues at the entry point – awarding today, for a better, more inclusive tomorrow.
Prizes and benefits
- 5 x $10K scholarships are available, in partnership with the following organisations: Women Photograph, Creative Access, National Association of Black Journalists, Asian American Journalism Association and the National Association of Hispanic Journalists.
Applicants are asked to submit examples of their work, a personal essay, and additional material documenting their academic credentials. Please review each organisation’s application page for more detail:
Getty Images Inclusion Scholarship - Creative Access (UK)
Getty Images Inclusion Scholarship - National Association of Black Journalists (US)
Getty Images Inclusion Scholarship - Asian American Journalists Association (US)
Getty Images Inclusion Scholarship - National Association of Hispanic Journalists (US)
Getty Images Inclusion Scholarship - Women Photograph (Worldwide) *Opens April 1
- A resume/CV detailing your academic history, internships, and other relevant experience
- A personal essay demonstrating your commitment to photojournalism
- 15-20 original images that illustrate your work
- Proof of school enrollment and academic performance (additional details on application websites)
- The proposals must be in English and be submitted electronically, meeting the requirements of the partnership organisation