BFI Film Academy UK Network Programme – applications now open!Training 29.06.2018
This exciting programme offers hands-on filmmaking courses to help develop and nurture your film knowledge and skills.
Are you 16-19? Passionate about film? Want a career in the film industry?
If so, the BFI Film Academy is for you. This course offers you the chance to be part of our future film industry.
There will be over 40 different courses running between September 2018 and March 2019 across the UK so wherever you live — be it Birmingham or Belfast, Dagenham or Durham — you will have the opportunity to gain the essential skills to enter the film industry.
As a student of the Film Academy:
- You will get hands-on filmmaking experience which will help you to develop practical knowledge and skills
- You can explore your own creativity and passions in a supportive and dynamic environment
- You will gain invaluable experience working alongside industry professionals who are respected practitioners in their field
- You will watch a range of cinema from British independent to specialised films
- You will work in teams towards a practical film-based project
Once you have completed the Network course, you will become part of the growing BFI Film Academy alumni network with access to opportunities such as BAFTA mentorships. You will also have the opportunity to complete a qualification on the course.
Courses cost £25. If you are unable to pay the full course fee, don’t let this discourage you from applying as costs may be waived. Bursaries for travel and childcare are also available if you require assistance with these costs. More information about who can apply for bursaries contact the course provider in your area via the table below.
In order to apply for any BFI Film Academy course, you must:
- Be aged 16-19 year olds on the first day of the course.
- Be a UK resident.
- Have a passion or talent for filmmaking and an ambition to work in the film industry.
- Be able to commit to the duration of the course.
- Not currently be at university or enrolled at university when the course starts.
Take a look at some of the great short films made by previous participants at the BFI Film Academy on YouTube.
What’s more, you could also apply for one of our seven intensive residential programmes. Courses last between one and two weeks and are designed to develop more specialist filmmaking skills. You will work closely with leading industry professionals who will give you a unique insight into the filmmaking business and guide you along the way.
How to apply
- Please refer to table below for course providers in your area, how and when to apply and when each course is running.
- In order to apply, please click here