Regional Training on "Local Cultural Policies and Spaces to Increase Cultural Sustainability"Training 22.10.2018
The technical assistance team of Med Culture, a regional programme funded by the European Union, is launching a call for participation in a regional three day training workshop. Through the analysis of local policies, local cultural dynamics and the situation of cultural spaces, the workshop will explore ways to bring about change at local level and foster cultural sustainability.
Based on Med Culture approach, the methodology of the workshop will focus on shaping participatory and effective learning experiences; and sharing the best practice, the better to support cultural development at the local level.
The content described below is indicative and might be subject to adjustment.
This blended learning workshop will address a range of topics:
- Specificities and challenges of cultural policies in the region and ways to address them
- Advocacy for culture at the local level with the aim to influence decision makers regarding cultural policies
- Strategies to foster public participation for engaging citizens in the shaping of what they envision for their environment
- Challenges that cultural centres face at the level of management and general governance and scenarios to strengthen their role within their communities
- Strategies that foster partnership and promote synergies between managers of public cultural spaces and cultural players
The programme will include sessions on stimulating learning and will favour effective group work.
The languages of the workshop are English, French and Arabic.
- This call is dedicated to cultural practitioners, municipality members or collaborators, as well as researchers with experience in the field of cultural spaces management and/or local cultural policies.
- Applicants must be residents from South Mediterranean countries (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia and Syria), aged between 23and 45 years at the time of application.
- The selected candidates are expected to be fully committed to this workshop.
- have a strong command of Arabic. Good command of French OR English is a requirement;
- work in the cultural field or in connected fields (education, research, sustainable development, tourism, social inclusion, employment, human rights, etc.) within civil society/cultural organisations, the public sector, or as freelancers. Special consideration will be paid to candidates working in or with municipalities;
- be available and commit to participate in the workshop;
- be residents in one of the involved countries: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine and Tunisia. Candidates with Syrian or Libyan nationality and who work within the civil society sector and reside in their own country or elsewhere are also eligible;
- have some experience in the field of local cultural policies and/or management of cultural spaces operating for local audiences.
Travel and accommodation expenses for the selected candidates will be covered by the Med Culture programme.
Draft your application in ONE file of 4 pages maximum including:
CV in English, French or Arabic (education, current activities focussing on those who are related to the theme of the training, etc.), with your full name as it figures in your passport, your birth date and country, as well as your current email and telephone number (2 pages max)
Motivation letter in English or Arabic explaining your interest in participating in this programme and and how you plan to mobilise this knowledge for the development of a project (1 page)
A project concept in English, French or Arabic which you would like to develop. First draft of a project related to local cultural policies/management of local cultural centres (1 page)
Your application must be submitted by 29 October 2018 in ONE file of maximum 4 pages in English, French or Arabic and sent to:
firstname.lastname@example.org and to email@example.com
ATTENTION: All the applications including more than one file or received after the deadline will not be taken into consideration!
Results will be announced on November 8.
Selected candidates will be informed by e-mail.