Call for Applications: Course for Journalists During PandemicTraining 24.04.2020
With this course you will learn how to ensure your safety and those of the people you work with and meet when covering a pandemic such as Covid-19. You will learn how conduct interviews and gather information at a time when restrictions on movement and contact create enormous challenges for journalists. The course draws on coverage of previous epidemics and pandemics such as Sars and Ebola and includes examples of best practises devised by journalists and media organisations covering the Covid-19 outbreak. There are a series of exercises to help you. The course is designed to help keep you, your colleagues, friends and family safe but ultimately enable you to continue to cover the story at a time when people are relying on you to keep them informed.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- You will learn to be able to adapt your working practices and the way you use your equipment to achieve the most effective coverage during the challenges of reporting during a pandemic.
- You will find out about the processes and checks required to plan for coverage of Covid-19 for field reporters and news-desk based staff.
- You will learn what measures to take to minimise risk from infection, or infecting others, when covering the Covid–19 Pandemic.
- You will be introduced to the practical steps to take when using equipment to record audio and video during a pandemic such as Covid-19.
- You will be introduced to the potential emotional consequences of covering a pandemic, how to handle those consequences and where to seek help if needed.
For more information website