Workshop on the Role of Social Work in Tackling PovertyWorkshops 26.11.2018
Azerbaijan Social Work Public Union and Upper Austria University of Applied Sciences presents a new workshop on “The role of social work in tackling poverty” with support of Azerbaijan State University of Culture and Arts. At the workshop the following topics will be discussed:
- Facts and reasons of poverty;
- Historical manners of dealing with poverty;
- Social workers own “poverty” and possible needs for empowerment of social workers;
- neoliberal misinterpretation of poverty;
- Code of Ethics and in the IFSW Statement of Ethical Principles: some examples of good practice from past and presence.
Presenter: professor Christian Stark
Dr. Christian Stark – He is Vice-Dean for Research and Internationalization, Faculty for Medicine Engineering and Applied Social Sciences and Head of Master Programme Social Work at University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria. He earned his master degree and PhD on Education and Political Sciences at University of Innsbruck in Germany. Also he studied social work at Academy of Social Work in 1993-1996. He worked as a social worker working with homeless in the Homeless Association in 1994-1996. His research interests are applied social sciences and Non-Profit Management.
Date: 8 December, 2018
Start time: 14:00 – 17:30
Participation FEE is required!!!
Participation fee – 20 AZN
for members of AZSWPU – 10 AZN
For registration: https://goo.gl/forms/p1xiZGBchH1Uy9xb2
Khanbala Ahmadli, PR and Networking Coordinator